Heated Floors in Yoga
Why heated floors in the yoga studio?
The first thing you may notice when you enter the Glow studio is warmth under your feet. We put a lot of thought into the studio flooring, so that you can enjoy the best wellness experience possible - when lying in resting poses on the ground, a cold floor would not be very comfortable, but our cushioned and heated floors provide more than just comfort.
Have you ever touched a surface warmed by the sun on an early spring day and felt a pleasant warmth? The sun is the main source of healing radiant energy that we experience daily.
This natural warming effect is replicated in our studio floors - Direct, radiant heat can reach further into the muscles delivering a therapeutic experience with many health benefits.
Our bodies radiate infrared energy out through the skin.
The energy output from our floors is tuned to correspond very closely to the body’s own radiant energy. Our bodies absorb as much as 93% of the
infrared waves that reach our skin, which warms you to a greater depth and more efficiently than other types of heat, which only heats the skin superficially.
This crucial difference explains many of the healing benefits achieved by lying on the floors in the Glow studio.
Medical practitioners make use of Infrared Radiant Heat to treat sprains, strains,
bursitis, peripheral vascular diseases, arthritis, and muscle pain.
Studies have shown wellness benefits achieved through deep-reaching direct heat can help to treat many conditions including:
• TMJ Arthritis + Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Muscle Spasms – reduced or eliminated
• Traumatic Arthritis
• Lower Back Pain
• Disc-protrusion Related Neuralgia
• Brain Contusion – accelerated healing
• Tight shoulders – relaxed
• Compression Fracture
• Spinal Cord Shock – post traumatic shock reversed
• Muscle Tension – relaxed
• Post-exercise Muscle Pain
Direct heat produces therapeutic effects because:
1. It increases the extensibility of collagen tissues. 2. It decreases joint stiffness directly. 3. It is relieves muscle spasms 4. It produces pain relief. 5. It increases blood flow. 6. It assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates. 7. More recently, it has been used in cancer therapy.
The healing benefits of direct radiant heat are too numerous to list, so we’ll finish off with one more reason to love your heated floors at Glow – they are comfortable and relaxing!
Step into one of our yoga classes and experience the full benefits of our Signature and Seasonal classes this fall.
The Glow circuit workout gives you a full strength workout, just like lifting weights, but without the weight. Glow's machines use a hydraulic resistance system that responds differently to each person who uses it. This makes it a safe workout for women of all ages and fitness levels.